But why should you invest in and how, that’s the question and below I will try to offer you a selection of common investment types.
How To Invest 100k In Australia
To put simply, you have a decent chance of getting a good return which drastically grows with more experience.
Investments not only help the economy develop but is also reasonably safe for those well-informed and willing to learn more about the various platforms.
What To Do With 100k
You have no clue what to do with 100k? Invest it.
In general, the best platforms often include some and exclude other features. For example I’m confident in the Forex capabilities of Fortrade but I’m more comfortable with the stock trading on other brokers.
An important thing to consider is the fact it’s not always the top search result which is the best platform for you – often it can take a while of research – going through scam websites and legitimate platforms which are simply below the level of quality we’ve come to expect.
Diversify your investments by spreading the $100k across multiple assets instead of concentrating it all in a single investment. Do not put all your eggs into one basket.
Types Of Investments
Here I will go over the biggest and most welcoming types of investments available online.
1. Real Estate
That’s the second oldest thing you probably heard being invested in – the first is gold.
But why should you invest in real estate – are you really going to make a lot of money from it?
It’s important to keep in mind the fact that real estate is no different from other forms of investment. The value of a building rises and falls as trends and businesses rise and fall.
A skilled trader can spot the trends and predict when the real estate will be worth the most.
But how do I invest $100k in real estate when prices are going through the roof?
There are REITs and other types of investment vehicles that own, operate, or finance income-generating real estate properties.
Best platform: Pepperstone.
Take a look at Pepperstone. Read my honest Pepperstone review.
2. Buy or Trade Shares
If you prefer to trade stocks by monitoring which ones are going up or down, you could make a significant amount of money.
Investing can be risky but also rewarding. Here’s a simpler way to understand the information:
- New traders should avoid manually trading stocks, especially with big amounts like 100k.
- If you’re okay with the risk and trust your skills, stock trading could work for you.
When investing in stocks, remember these key points:
- Research is important. Understand market trends and how individual stocks are doing.
- You need to keep track of financial news and events that could change your investments.
- Invest in different types of stocks. This is called diversifying your portfolio. It can lessen your risk and raise your chances of making money.
- Try to have a mix of big and small company stocks from various sectors and industries.
- Think about how long you plan to invest. If it’s a long time, go for stocks that will likely grow steadily. If it’s short term, choose more risky stocks that might give big returns quickly.
When buying and selling stocks:
- You can use a stockbroker, but they will charge a fee for each trade.
- Online platforms may be cheaper and easier to use.
Finally, remember that stocks are risky. You might lose money, especially if you’re new or don’t know much about the market. Make sure you’re okay with the risk before investing any money.
Best platform: Pepperstone.
Pepperstone is one of the most user friendly platforms out there. Read my honest Pepperstone review.
I know a lot of people don’t trust cryptocurrencies. After all, it’s hard to believe that thousands or tens of thousands of your hard-earned money is on a server that could break, be hacked or even be turned off by the creator.
It’s important to keep in mind that cryptocurrencies are a dime a dozen and while not all are legitimated most are.
You won’t see me investing 100k in doge-coin any time soon but Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin. These are all legitimate currencies that have a big enough market to earn you money.
As with all investments, it’s easy to take a look at Bitcoin and immediately decide you’re not going to become a millionaire any time soon. Patience is key.
Best platform: Binance.
Binance is my favorite here. They are also one of the biggest exchanges and has the most coins to choose from. Open a Binance account (free).
As the name suggests Forex trading can be well described by the two parts of the name, “foreign” and “exchange”.
It’s a very simple system as a matter of fact. You buy one currency for another in hopes of it rising in value so you can buy another currency which will also rise in value and so on.
Forex, also known as foreign exchange or currency trading, is the world’s largest and most liquid financial market. It operates 24 hours a day, five days a week, and trades over $5 trillion worth of currencies every day.
Investing in forex can be a great way to diversify your portfolio and potentially earn significant profits, but it’s important to understand the risks involved.
The value of currencies can fluctuate rapidly, and there is always the possibility of losing money if you make the wrong trades.
To start investing in forex, you’ll need to open a trading account with a reputable broker. Look for a broker that is licensed and regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), which ensures that your funds are protected and that the broker operates in accordance with strict standards.
Once you’ve opened your trading account, you can start buying and selling currencies based on your analysis of market trends and economic indicators. It’s important to develop a solid trading strategy and to always manage your risk carefully, using stop-loss orders and other risk management tools.
One of the advantages of forex trading is that you can start with a relatively small amount of capital and potentially earn significant profits. However, it’s important to be patient and disciplined, and to never invest more than you can afford to lose. With careful planning and a solid strategy, forex trading can be a lucrative way to invest your 100k in Australia.
Best platform: Easy Markets.
If you are interested in Forex, then you can check out EasyMarkets. They have offices in Australia. Open a Easy Markets account.
5. Index Funds
Index funds are a type of investment strategy. They are different from trading in specific areas like individual stocks. Here’s a breakdown of how they work:
- People invest their money into a common pool, also known as a mutual fund.
- This pooled money is then invested in various stocks and securities.
- The amount of money put into each stock depends on how well it’s doing. For example, if Apple is performing better than Google, more money from the fund will go to Apple stocks.
- However, to keep things balanced and to avoid unpredictable outcomes, some money is put into every stock, regardless of its current performance.
Index funds aim to mimic the performance of a market index, such as Australia’s S&P/ASX 200, instead of trying to outperform it. Investing in an index fund allows investors to benefit from the growth of all the companies within the index, providing a broad exposure.
In Australia, different types of index funds are available:
- Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs): These are traded on the stock exchange like individual stocks. They provide a diversified portfolio with low management fees.
- Managed Funds: These funds are managed by professionals who pick specific stocks with the goal of outperforming the market index.
- Superannuation Funds: These are long-term investments for retirement, often offering a selection of index funds.
When choosing an index fund, consider:
- Management fees.
- Past performance.
- The specific market index it tries to mimic. Some track specific sectors like technology or emerging markets, while others cover the entire market.
Index funds may not offer high returns like riskier investments. However, they provide a safer and easier way to diversify your investment portfolio and participate in market growth.
Best platform: Pepperstone.
Read my honest Pepperstone review.
6. Binary Options
WE DO NOT RECOMMEND TRADING BINARY OPTIONS
While not a specific as the on above. Binary Options is more of a trading mechanic compared by many to gambling – however as with most things, being well informed and using your head to spot the safe and the dangerous investments is the key thing to keep in mind.
It is well known that Binary Options are a high-risk high-reward system and to people who fail to spot the right signs may seem like a simple gamble.
When it comes to the mechanics of the system itself – they’re quite simple actually, you either invest in the fact that a stock will gain or lose value – it’s all or nothing.
Unfortunately it turns out there are too many rogue binary options brokers out there so we cannot recommend any of them.
How should you invest your 100k? I hope I answered that.
Yes I didn’t give you a definitive “Use x site” or “Use x method” answer. That’s because when it comes to trading and investments ever site is different and not every platforms will suite everyone.
That part is obvious due to the sheer number of trading sites out there.
Personally, Forex and Index funds are the things for me – they’re safe and profitable.